No matter what you do. Whether you go to school, college, office or you have your own business. How productive you are reflects how successful you will be in your career.
Getting the most out of your day is most important because if you conquer your day you conquer your week which is followed by a month and then ultimately a year.
To conquer your day you have to focus on the hours of that day.
You have to schedule your day by breaking it down into the hours. To be even more productive you have to Eat the Frog first (Here frog is the most important and difficult task). You have to prioritize the most important task at the top of your to-do list followed by the less important tasks.
To be more effective go old school and jot down your tasks in a diary or your notebook instead of typing it down on any app. Writing keeps you more focused as per the psychology.
By the end of the night do check how productive you were for the entire day. Check the tasks you completed and the one which you didn’t, try to do better every day.
Pro Tip: Check the tasks every hour and keep the tasks(your goals) in front of your eyes so that you remain focused.
The above activity was the most common habit found in every successful people on this planet.
Here are the rest 14 habits to boost your productivity.
2. Check email in the afternoon so you protect the peak energy hours of your mornings for your best work.
3. Stop waiting for the perfect conditions to launch a great project. Immediate action fuels a positive feedback loop that drives even more action.
4. Remember that big, brave goals release energy. So set them clearly and then revisit them every morning for 5 minutes.
5. Mess creates stress (I learned this from Cristiano Ronaldo who said he wouldn’t let anyone touch his kit bag because if it got disorganized, he’d get distracted). So clean out the clutter in your office or hour home to get more done.
6. Say goodbye to the energy vampires in your life (the negative souls who steal your enthusiasm).
7. Run routines. When I studied the creative lives of massively productive people like Stephen King, John Grisham and Thomas Edison, I discovered they follow strict daily routines. (i.e., when they would get up, when they would start work, when they would exercise and when they would relax). Peak productivity’s not about luck. It’s about devotion.
8. Get up at 5 am. Win the battle of the bed. Put mind over mattress. This habit alone will strengthen your willpower so it serves you more dutifully in the key areas of your life.
9. Say “NO” often. Don’t say yes to every request. Most of us have a deep need to be liked. That translates into us saying yes to everything – which is the end of your elite productivity.
10. Outsource everything you can’t be BIW (Best in the World) at. Focus only on activities within what I call “Your Picasso Zone”.
11. Stop multi-tasking. New research confirms that all the distractions invading our lives are rewiring the way our brains work (and drop our IQ by 5 points!). Be one of the rare-air few who develops the mental and physical discipline to have a monomaniacal focus on one thing for many hours. (It’s all about practice).
12. Get fit like Cristiano. Getting to your absolute best physical condition will create explosive energy, renew your focus and multiply your creativity.
13. Workout 2X a day. This is just one of the little-known productivity tactics that I’ll walk you through in my new online training program YOUR PRODUCTIVITY UNLEASHED (details at the end of this post) but here’s the key: exercise is one of the greatest productivity tools in the world. So do 20 minutes first thing in the morning and then another workout around 6 or 7 pm to set you up for wow in the evening.
14. Drink more water. When you’re dehydrated, you’ll have far less energy. And get less done and use your commute time. If you’re commuting 30 minutes each way every day – get this: at the end of a year, you’ve spent 6 weeks of 8 hour days in your car. I encourage you to use that time to listen to fantastic books on audio + excellent podcasts and valuable learning programs. Remember, the fastest way to double your income is to triple your rate of learning.