Why It Is So Important To Love and Respect Yourself
Until the end just remember the fact that loving yourself is different from narcissism and selfishness. Love is all about giving and receiving and if you can give enough care, attention, and the joy to yourself then you can give more to others.
Close your eyes for a second and imagine your best friend. Imagine what that person did to earn the supreme title of “Best Friend”. Did that person help you in a tough situation? Did your best friend cheer you when you were slapped down? Did that person make you believe for a second that life was actually enjoyable and bright? Hopefully, if you said yes to all of the above, then you know what it’s like to be loved. Now just apply what your best friend did to you to yourself. “YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO BE YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND” because your best friend might leave you someday but the only person you will be having is “YOU”.The only Angel in your life is “YOU”.
You all must be aware of the sayings that we cannot love others if we don’t love ourselves. Learn to give the love to yourself and it will flourish when you will give it to others. Love should always start with “me”. Self-love is very important to you and your happiness because if you don’t feel happy about yourself then it’s hard to feel happy about anything else.
Getting comfortable with being alone and loving yourself will empower you. So, stop hating yourself for everything that you aren’t and start loving yourself for everything that you already are. You carry too much love for others in your heart but have you showered it on yourself? Give it to yourself!
Confessions: Loving myself has rarely come easily to me. But, since the last few weeks, it has become necessary for me to start loving myself. All the things mentioned here are the summary of my thoughts since the last few weeks. I’ve given enough love to others but I haven’t showered it on myself and after figuring out few things I have jotted down some reasons to love myself and respect myself more than anyone else and I wanted to share it because I believe that you should too.
Here is the list of reasons to love and respect yourself.
- Love yourself because there is no one else who has your smile.
- Love Yourself because there is no one else who has your laugh
- Love yourself because it isn’t up to others to love you( it’s not their job); it’s a blessing when they do love you. When you love and respect yourself, you allow yourself to let go of the expectation of others to do so.
- Love yourself because when people come in and out of your life, you will always remain. REMEMBER: “BE YOUR OWN ANGEL”.
- Love yourself because life becomes easier when you work with what you have.
- Love yourself because when you are loving toward yourself, you attract who love you too.
- Love yourself because, as Martin Luther King, Jr. said, “Hate is too great of a burden to bear”.
- Love yourself because when it’s 3 am in the morning and you are lying on the floor crying, shaking, and wishing that the person you want will be yours, who’s going to be there for you? You. You have to pick yourself up and find the strength to carry on. At the end of the day, you’re all you’ve got.”
- You’ve got to respect and love yourself enough to walk away from someone who cares less and gives less. Believe me, it takes guts cutting off someone who is the most important person of your life but doesn’t serve you right and it’s not such an awful thing because it means you’re finally realizing that the only person you should be holding on to is yourself.
- Love yourself because your life is 100 per cent your responsibility and Respect yourself enough to leave the table because if it’s real they won’t let you go and if it’s meant to be they’ll follow you no matter how far you go.